Monday, March 2, 2009

The Best Lemon Cake — EVER


Sketcher and I recently tried a couple of new cupcake recipes, in anticipation of his birthday and a church event. The Barefoot Contessa Lemon Cupcake recipe, found here, was nothing short of fabulous. More than week later I still can remember the perfection of the taste and texture. I probably won't bake them again during Lent, but they're on the menu for Easter Sunday.

We tried a chocolate recipe, too. The cupcakes were good. Moist. Tender. Even topped them with fresh raspberries. But they just could not compare to the lemon ones.

P.S. The photo is the answer to this question!

1 comment:

M/J Granata said...

Hey Joy! It is Julie G from Empty Season! Your comment to my post was so sweet! Thank you for taking the time to share.

I read your blog and I felt a sweetness in my heart for you! I can't even begin to tell you how much hope you have given me by sharing your story of your precious children and how you adopted them. It is difficult to think of 'what will come' and 'what will happen'... but, then I remind myself (daily) that I have to LET GO AND LET GOD... Mike and I are praying for patience... I don't have any doubt that God is sooooo Big here and that He is in complete control. Thank you again for caring and for taking the time to share with me... someone you don't know at all!

I look forward to following your story. I would love to see some pics of your beautiful children!!!! Oh, after reading your posts... I found myself hungry! The cupcakes look so delicious! I watch the food tv network channel all of the time and often attempt some of the recipes... I try, but never promise anything more than that. I, too, love to bake and cook. I will have to share some pics of my cakes with you. :) Take care of you. I will say a prayer for you and your family today!
Hugs to you... Julie G. :)