Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy New Year!

Today’s the first Sunday in Advent. Officially, the start of the new year in the Church.

I want to prepare my heart to receive Him, both as a newborn baby and as the King coming in glory. I invite you to join me.

Each Sunday, during the communion liturgy, we say, “Christ has died. Christ has risen. Christ will come again.” While I absolutely believe all three statements, I'm not sure I always live like I believe all three.

If I lived like I remembered Christ has died, I would be more aware of how my sin contributed to His death. I would think more often of His amazing grace that saved a wretch like me. I would allow that grace to transform me — day by day by day.

If I lived like I remembered Christ has risen, I would understand that the same power that raised Him from the dead now lives in me. I would not be afraid. I would be confident. I would remember that I am but three days away from victory!

If I lived like I expected Christ to come again, I would live prepared for His return. I would be on guard. I would “take heed lest my heart be weighed down by the cares of this life.” (Luke 21:34)

Let us prepare for His coming!

No comments: